Well, it’s that time of year again…back to routine, activities, lunch making!
If you are anything like our family, it’s been a Summer full of late night sleepovers, last minute, not so healthy meals, and no routine at all.
This year, we are determined to be a little more organized before first day back, so we’ve actually finished shopping, have been trying to go to bed a little earlier and get up a tiny bit earlier too.
I know everyone and their dog has been putting out blogs on “back to school with essential oils”, so the information out there is endless, (and quite helpful), but I wanted to add our list of oil tips to help prepare you for the new school year.
- Hand cleanser. I noticed my kiddos did not have any anti-bacterial wipes or hand sanitizers on their lists this year, (which is a very cool thing). I do like making sure they do have hand cleanser for when the viruses and bacterial infections start circulating. Yes, we’ve taught them to wash with regular soap and water, but as a back up, we make our own hand cleanser. Super easy, you need: a small travel container from the dollar store, 1/4-1/2 cup pure aloe vera, 1 tsp vitamin E, and 20 drops OnGuard or Thieves essential oil blend. If you don’t have these, lemon, clove and rosemary will do too!
- Rollerballs for anxiety or nervousness. Rollerballs are convenient, safe and easy to apply for kids. If you have a child that suffers from anxiety, ADHD, or are just nervous about going back to school, this next rollerball is an essential. You simply need: 1, 10ml rollerball. 10 drops vetiver, 5 drops lavender. 5 drops orange or tangerine essential oils. Top off with fractionated coconut oil.
- Rollerball for concentration. InTune from doTERRA is a great blend for this, or make your own: 10 drops basil, 7 drops rosemary, 3 drops black pepper, 3 drops bergamot and top off with fractionated coconut oil in a 10 ml rollerball.
- Spray for stinky gear. Having a few bottles of OnGuard spray for things like hockey, soccer, football gear is a wise idea! All my boys get a fresh bottle at the beginning of every season:) To make your own bottle, you need: 20 drops OnGuard essential oil blend, (lemon and clove would work too), 1 tsp epsom salts, 1 tsp witch hazel or vodka, top off with distilled water in a 2 oz glass spray bottle
- Nightly bedtime routine is key. Each one of my kids has a diffuser and a favourite blend they diffuse at night. We get a little slack in the Summer, but during the school year, it’s almost as important as brushing their teeth at night. A super safe, very relaxing diffusing blend for any child: lavender, Roman chamomile and wild orange. However, my one boy’s favourite: Frankincense, lavender and tangerine. The other must is a massage oil on the bottom of their feet. Cedarwood and lavender is beautiful! I make sure every kiddo, (even the big ones) has a small mason jar of solid coconut oil blended with the lavender and cedarwood, so they can apply a tsp of the blend on their feet before bedtime. IF THEY ARE LUCKY AND REALLY GOOD…I MIGHT JUST DO IT FOR THEM! 🙂
So, that’s just a list to get you started!! There are many other wonderful mom blogs there with helpful advise too:) Just make sure the oils you are using for the really small kidlets are safe and diluted appropriately.
AND…if you are super interested in learning and implementing essential oils safely and more effectively in your life…I’d love to connect!! Shoot me a message here online, Facebook, Instagram, email or text!! I offer complimentary, 1 hour wellness consults to connect and investigate as to how you can explore more natural solutions for yourself and your family.
CHEERS TO YOU!! And here’s to another productive, healthy new school year.:o)